child of the other side http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d118/marlietje/poemdinges.jpg Welcome to a brand-new HPF challenge; the English Poetry Contest. Since a few weeks the poem-topic is rather popular so Sweet Hermione and I decided that it would be nice if we could do something with all this enthusiasm. As a result, we are going to organize a monthly contest. The idea is very simple. We decide the subject, you write the poem. (And of course, we’ll try to make an entry as well.) This can be anything that’s inspiring; another poem, a lyric, a title, a picture, a word, etc. We’ll try to vary the subject as much as possible. Every participant has to maintain the following rules - You are not allowed to write more than one poem per contest - The poem must be yours - The poem must have something to do with the subject. Please write a few words above/below your poem to tell us a little about it (just like you usually do) - Don’t comment on other people, you can do that via the pb-button or during the voting - Don’t make your poem too long, 5 pages about one subject is boring - Let someone beta it. There are many beta-readers on HPF and SH, TONKS and I are willing to assist people who do want to compete but are not that good in English. With the right words your poem reads a lot easier. Don’t be ashamed just pb - You must post your poem before the given date. If not you can’t compete About the voting - Don’t vote for yourself nor before SH or I give permission. If you do your vote won't count - Explain with more then 15 words why you’ve chosen a certain poem. “I love it” won’t do - You only have two votes. Please, place these votes in the same post and think before you make a choice, we don’t appreciate cheaters - You have to vote before the given date, if you cast your vote later it doesn’t count Well, those were the rules and now the most important part; PRIZES! 1st place - 40 sickles 2nd place - 30 sickles 3rd place - 20 sickles No one can win the first price more than 3 times in a row. If so, SH and I will decide what to do. I hope you all understand why we do this. Now, the subject of the first contest will be the word Mirrordreams (a book written by Catherine Webb.) The task is very simple; you can use this word as a title, place it somewhere in your poem or just illustrate what it means to you. Maybe it gives you special emotions, recalls memories, etc. Just do something with the word. Please post your poem between the 6th and the 22th of June And you can vote between the 23th and 30th of June. We wish everybody good luck and lots of fun. If you have any suggestions, tips, notes or ideas; feel free to use the lovely pb-button, it’s begging to be pushed. Charlotte (Sweet Hermione) and Marlie (Cotos) ----------------------------------- Josse So I will be the first to enter. I don't know the book (I guesed it is a book) Mirrordreams and I intentionally didn't look it up. I immediately had inspiration when I read the word, so I started writing and this is what came out of it. It is about me, and about what has changed me. Mirrordreams I can’t help it, that my thoughts return to you That every time I see you, I have to turn and look The memories, of you and me, of us I see reflected in your eyes, the one I love The fear, of you and me, of us It hurts me so much not to be the one that helps you My mind will always love, and never forget you But in my heart it is cold, I can’t let you in Just the idea that because of me, you will get hurt Doesn’t keep me from loving you It is the fear, my fear, I won’t be able to change That I will hurt you again ----------------------------------- Smalofski I think it’s a great title of a book or a poem. It really speaks to the imagination. The first thing that I thought of, was a mental image of a woman and a men, sleeping in a bed next to each other, and they had those little thinking-balloons they use in cartoons over their heads. And it was like there was a mirror in between them. The dream of the woman was exactly the same as the dream of the man, only mirrored. Mirrordreams… It’s kind of short, but I liked it ^^ Mirrordreams What is love? Because I think I know… It’s not the sweet words at night, That makes you sleep so much better. It’s not the crazy fluttering of the butterflies, That almost keeps you from eating. It’s not the sneaky kissing in public That makes the old people blush, And the young people smile… It is the knowledge, The really knowing for sure, That he’s dreaming the same as you. And you know you don’t have to tell him, How to keep you happy. For his dreams are the same as yours… Mirrordreams. ----------------------------------- T O N K S When I read the subject 'mirrordreams', I thought straight away of someone looking in a mirror and seeing their true reflection or fear or something like that. I used the word mirrordreams in the last sentence of the poem and my poem is about the interpretation of the word itself. I also named my poem mirrordreams. So it's basically describing what someone feels when he/she is bullied; in the beginning you're usually happy and then suddenly people come and walk all over you. And then later you feel as if what they say might really be true and you're not sure how to see yourself anymore, so you live in some kind of an illusion. And this can be applied over and over again. Day in, day out you try to face them with pride and bravery, but it only results in them overmastering you again. Mirrordreams As turning fast to face the mirror, Deep shock goes down the spinal cord. All faces stare in smothered silence, Prepared to face the prideful lord. How masks start laughing mockingly, Why time and speed are both erased. When light and night reflect both sides, What turned the world around two-faced. A fall and crash of realisation, The hypnotising of own mind. An erratic flashed hallucination, The mirrordreams had kept in hide. ----------------------------------- Smoky Love the idea of this contest! It's great! I interpretated Mirror dreams like something vague that you can see in many forms. In my poem it is a mixture of thoughts. School’s a lot of stress right now, so there are a lot of thoughts floating through my mind. That’s kind of what this poem is about. It’s a reflection Mirror dreams Motions of sound. magical mix. Ripped pieces of paper, that I try to fix. I killed my peace, strangled my mind. Feeling confused, let it unwind. Stabbed my inner thoughts, sharpened my knife. The mirror dreams, of my messed up life. ----------------------------------- Lady_Radcliffe Daydream I see you, In black and white, I feel you, In black and white Your my everything You make me smile your my everything and even make me cry The way we are, Connects us The way we are, feeds me So come and find me Take me there Come and find me Let's share our Mirrordreams When I tought of the word Mirrordreams, it immediatly made me think of a soulmate. A person who you can, love, can trust. The one person who could make you feel the most important. That mirrordreams to me. ----------------------------------- Mariky Mirrordreams. Hmm, I don't exactly know what it means in my poem, but I tried something. It's a poem about somebody (it can be myself). When she looks in the mirror she sees herself as a little child. I used the word Mirrordreams as a title. Mirrordreams Face to face In the mirror I see a little girl Brown hair, big blue eyes and a sweet face. The past Face to face Many thoughts in my head I don't know.. Who it is Face to face Big blue eyes that stare at me I don't know.. Why I recognize her ----------------------------------- Sofie Hello my cuddles! At first (lol, I always have to type a whole thing before I post the real thing, sorry for that): The poem chall is a great idea & I love to see the number of people who already posted their entries. They're all lovely, dearies (couldn't resist..)! Oh and a big thank you & a 'well done' to Charlotte & Marlie: Love the subject 'Mirrordreams' and it prevents people from stealing poems of the internet and pretending they made it theirselves! Great! :D Now about mine: When I read the word, I was like 'Okay, you dream about looking like somebody else when you're looking in the mirror', because the looks are so important to people these days. But, differently of pretty much all my other poems: it's positive! Yayz! Hope you guys like it! (: -- In the mirror, I see the girl I’d like to be the long-haired, most wanted, endlessly loved me. She’s smiling at me with a perfect set of teeth, doesn’t she look ever so sweet? I take a step forward and so does she then I lean over and she reaches me. Our fingertips become one and we do too I’m longing to say how much I look up to you In the mirror, I see the girl I’d like to be the good-looking, never hated, passionately adored me. And somehow I don’t seem to realize that that girl in that room.. is me. ----------------------------------- Darren Mirrordream. It's a strange word. At first I didn't really know what to think about it. The word 'mirror' made me think of something fake. When you look in the mirror you can see yourself, but it's not the real person you see. It's only the outside, only a reflection. ‡ Mirror Dream The doorbell rings, but I just pretend that I don’t hear, ‘Cause what I’m going to see, is everything I fear. The melody repeats itself, I grit my teeth, I know you are waiting, just don’t want to believe. The sound stops, the silence is breaking my heart, I remember us trying, but we still fell apart. We were living a mirror dream, living a lie, I wanted to help you, I still don’t know why. I’m staring out of the window, remember your pain, Torturing thoughts of the sleepless nights, are driving me insane. Raindrops out of the sky, like your tears on my skin, I try to ignore your silent screams, but it’s breaking me within. You were helplessly yelling, begging for a hand, No-one could hear you, ‘cause no-one seemed to understand. Hysterically crying, trying to cut the pain away, Suicidal, hurting emptiness; the same feelings every day. My heart aches, I feel your sorrow, I am who you are, you make me feel hollow. Wish I could deny it, from all the people in the crowd, I am the only person that heard you screaming, I am your only way out. I stand up and walk to the door, silently I open the gate, I notice your wrists are bleeding, but I know you’re not afraid. I fall to the floor and start begging you to stay, You crawl up to me, whispering it’s okay. I put my arms around you, while I painfully scream, Ready to fade away, In another mirror dream. ----------------------------------- child of the other side :!: Before I post my poem I have a short message for every participant/voter; there are some additions in the ‘how to vote’ rules. ______________________ Mirrordreams. The word makes me think of false reflections, pretending, living in fake worlds; you get what you deserve, not what you expect. You receive what you give though a lot of folks don’t think so. Until it occurs. That’s what happens with the you-person in this poem. Tears of pink In the deep depths of the sea Green clouds forming a brace Smiles a girl with carved eyes Blood plastered on her face Given notice of a spell Though the fingers won’t entwine Black riddles stay unspoken Your words hurt more than mine Crystals fallen out of the sky Tracing paths on our ground A bird dropped the letter long ago Back to the origins of sound Kiss the butt of my religion Crush the mirrors of your fate Red and pink are not forgiving Killing now is not too late Little girls smile in last despair Yet the candle is blown out Iron darts have found some patches Attacking harder than your shout When love is making false appearances And lies seem to be true Then kiss my red contains for ever Only the blackness belongs to you ----------------------------------- Krijt Hello peoples! I was thinking maybe I could enter here too, but mirrordreams isn't very easy to make a poem about. It's a vague word, but I tried my best nevertheless. It's a conversation between two people, talking about a man who wakes up, but still dreams, every morning. And everytime he looks into the mirror, he sees something else than it should show. Enjoy. Did he wake up this morning? Did he escape from his dreams? Did he look into the mirror? He shouldn't, obvious it seems Mirrordreams A look in it is all it takes Mirrordreams The image stays with him untill he wakes Yes, he woke up this morning But he never escaped from his dream 'Cause he looked into the mirror And the guy he saw ain't him The mirror shows not what we see It's exactly opposite from that Now we've got a dream on the loose Maybe he should've stayed in bed Mirrordreams A look in it is all it takes Mirrordreams The image stays with him untill he wakes ----------------------------------- Remus I really like the theme - as soon as I saw the word, I had inspiration. You can also do a lot with it. :) But about my poem... it's about a person who has to watch one of his (or her) loved ones (a friend, a family member, a lover) turn crazy. I don't have anything else to say about it. On the Verge of Insanity I suddenly hear sobs in the middle of night Alarmed I get up and open the door of your room And as soon as I turn on the lights, I see you crying, curled up on the bed. You’ve been thrown in the pits of hell And as I see your haunted face, I wonder To which places do you dwell Within the cloudy depths of your mind? I feel like I’m going insane now too, Feeling compelled to protect you, it seems So without being able to do anything I will continue watching you live in your mirror dreams. ----------------------------------- melanietjah When I saw this poetry contest, i became very exciting. Mirrordreams is a great title and has different meanings for me. When i read this word i was thinking of a girl with a terrible live behind her. Mirrordreams makes me think that something is fake! I hope this is a little bit understanding! More i don't now to say about this! kisses, Melanietjah The Mirrordreams Everytime I look in the mirror, I feel bad. Trying to ignore the fake smile what covers my pale face. The mirror makes me travel back in time, times of darkness and pain. I am trying to ignore it, but everytime I see myself I feel the pain again. It makes me sad, and angry. Over and over again I see my lost family, when I see my blue eyes. Maybe I look happy from the outside, but from the inside I feel like garbage. It is al fake, I pretend to be happy but i'm broken. People are thinking I feel good and i'm happy, but that's just the outside. Mirrors are just a big lie, they only show the outside even when you feel bad. Everyday I have to hold myself in, not to break the mirror into pieces. Tears are falling everytime I look to the glass, again my faces is covered in dark mascara. Always I'm am trying not to look in the mirror, but my legs are begging me to go. My mind is driving me crazy, everyday he brings me to the mirror. I can't control it, it's feeling like a drug. I hope this feeling goes away, and i feel normal again. ----------------------------------- Harry, Ron & Hermione A nice initiative! My view upon the word: mirrordreams is as followed. My first thought once I read the word was: a delusion you're holding in front of you. That's where I based my poem onto. Mirror dreams One quick flash, one reflection Reminds me of it once again Haunting after my own thoughts Keeping me off road for times It's so ironic, mirror dreams Desilluting and misleading you Once you bump into one of them It's hard to keep things apart You're living your life in 2 ways It's possible that they collapse Once it seduces you, you're sold Going back to where you were Living your life in a mirror dream Seeing the things as self delusion Yet, you want them to be true for real Mirror dreams, to escape the truth ----------------------------------- Avada Kedavra Mirrordreams... Beautiful word. Makes me think of missed chances, things you wanted to be or have... My poem is about a boy who misses a girl so badly, he sees her everywhere and feels like he can't ever possibly forget her. So here we go =) In the mirror I don't see my own face but yours. My mind is a million miles away. And the moment i got separated from you Seems only yesterday. I rember your face so surprisingly clearly. I remember the sun, the beach, even the ice cream. For a moment it's like I can grab you, touch you. But you're just a mirrordream. Well perhaps there was nothing between us, And I know it's been quite a while ago. There are plenty of other girls around, But I can't forget, I can't let go. God, please, let me turn back time. Because senseless as it may seem, I've got your number, but I doubt whether I should call. Since today you're just a mirrordream. ----------------------------------- BeeGee Kenobi I thought I might as well join in. I'm not a very big poetry writer, but I thought I'd give it a try. Some explenation might be useful. The poem is about a lonesome person who's only sense of self worth comes from the image in the mirror. Mirror Dreams Knowingly stuck in a hyper reality, Knowingly bound to signs, Losing signification, Losing identification. Fast. Together alone, Desiring more than this, Knowing there’s no more, Than this. Only friends to trust, Only enemies to see, Fighting temptation, Fighting desire for more. Alone in the dark, Stuck in a hyper reality, Together alone. ----------------------------------- Catie This poem is very personal, I wrote it a few minutes ago because I feel really bad because of how it's going in this home. The poem is about my older brother. He thinks the whole world is against him and he scares me really much. I'm hoping every day that it will change because I have the feeling that I AM te problem. The word Mirrordreams means for me a dream that you hope for so much. and that it would be so much better in that other world, the world behind the mirror. The world behind the glass of reflection. I don't really have a good explanation, sorry. I didn't used the word and I don't have a title (I don't want to call it Mirrordreams) ------ I wished That I wasn’t here I wished That I was another person Someone you would love Frightening tears Roll down my cheeks Frightening eyes Look upon you Every day A single look To the glass of reflection Is making me wish That I would be someone else I dream Of a better place For you And for me I feel so broken But I will always hope That the reflection of the glass Isn’t the reason for your anger And I will always hope That my dreams Beyond this world Will come true ------ ----------------------------------- Sweet Hermione Yes, my (very late) poem. I chose the subject of this contest, actually. ''Mirrordreams'' is one of my favorite fantasybook. The word hasn't got a meaning in the book. I really wanted to actually write a poem about the book, but it was really difficult for me. So this morning, I just started to write. And this is it. It's mainly about the end of the book. The female character just disappears, after she saved the (main) male character. They had a very strong bound together, but they weren't in a relationship. There are a lot of things of the book in the poem, like the woman who has suddenly very strong powers. And the last sentence is about the field/village where the man lives, ''Stormpunt.'' ''The Emptiness'' is the space of possiblilities in the dreamworld. The other sentences are mainly just moments and issues of the book. Bathing in the Emptiness Save me with your flying boots In Hermes’s coat to tell We survived some spinning time To live happy after all Create me with your striking hands The smashing door to with Your power grew above a man Flight your Haven, live She slept possible, a lot Unchainted a living free Answers boxed for curious You won’t reply to me Now make your path an ease To find yourself some spot Renna, tempting birdies I’m still the storm you got ----------------------------------- Rayatje Hmm. It took me a while to write this poem, actually. But I like how it ended up. ^__^ It's about a girl who's searching for her Prince Charming. Her desire to find the right guy comes above in her dreams. This poem is one of her dreams. But I wrote it in the "I-form". : D Oh, and I rhymed. I usually rhyme, so why would this poem would be different? And by the way, Cotos: thanks for beta-reading. :D Mirrordream Masquerades and laughing faces Black and white in the most beautiful places The desires of my heart find me in my sleep Dangerous secrets there I keep Dancing people, twinkling lights Low deeps and unbelievable heights I'm in a silver dress starring at the ground Striking red lipstick on my mouth Every girl was meant to be blessed with a boy Some prince who doesn't treat your heart like a toy On this ball, in this room, in this dream People leaving this place, should I follow the stream? No, I keep standing on my feet Waiting for my prince charming to meet I look around, the room is hollow Sitting on the ground, I swallow I hear a noise and look above Feeling a great feeling of warm love My eyes looking at a mirror and two looking back And then everything just gets black When I wake, I realize it It was you I saw in the mirror You are my mirror dream. ----------------------------------- Caleb Jikes! Sorry you guys, I didn't read the contest rules good enough. Just forget about this Poem and good luck everyone! ----------------------------------- Hippogriefje When I saw the word "Mirrordreams", I thought of a dream that was completely different then your own life. Well..Here's my poem! Mirrordream I had a dream last night It was about my life But only a lot better, 'cause you were by my side. Yes it showed a mirror, of my life. 'Cause in the real world, I'm lost without your love. It's a mirrordream, and all I see is you. ----------------------------------- Jalf Okay... a shot from my side... When I read the word Mirrordreams I though of a world where everything is perfect... But you know it's not real. This poem is about a girl who is deeply in love with her best friend. But this friend is gay, and therefor isn't intressed in her. The girl thinks about it, calls it stupid, but can't stop her love for him. My poem doesn't have a title, it doesn't need one. I'm walking in a broken land A land of happiness I want your arms around my waist Let's call it crazyness I'm walking in a broken land A land of me and you I want your hands upon my face And it's a stupid thing to do I'm walking in my mirrordreams A dream of hurt and pain I want your lips upon my lips ... I guess I am insane... ----------------------------------- child of the other side Okay folks, hold your cards and raise your bets for it is time to vote. But first a little reminder; About the voting - Don’t vote for yourself nor before SH or I give permission. If you do, your vote doesn’t count - Explain with more then 15 words why you’ve chosen a certain poem. “I love it” won’t do - You have to vote before the given date, if you cast your vote later it doesn’t count And some extra rules that will (probably) only be valid this time; you have a third vote. This means that you must place 2 votes but can place 3 votes. Please do remember that you have to cast those two votes. If you only cast one it doesn’t count. And you can vote between today and 30th of June. How to vote; My first/second/third vote goes to; Because; ***** And here are my three votes in alphabetical order. My first vote goes to; Jalf. Because; I really like the idea behind your poem, the subject that you’ve chosen is different and it appeals me. Your poem also rhymes which is a big plus (for me because I like poems that rhyme.) Although it has only three stanza’s I don’t think it’s too short. My second vote goes to; Smoky Because; it attracts me. Maybe it’s not the most difficult poem to read or understand but I love the concept. It’s easy, has short lines and I think it’s nice to know that you’ve described your own feelings. My third vote goes to; T O N K S Because; it rhymes, it’s interesting and somehow it attracts me. There are words in your poem that are special/uncommon and some sentences are very strong. Although it’s quite short, it is a complete story. To everyone else; you’ve all done a great job and although you didn’t receive any of my votes I presume there are many more to come. I hadn’t expected that the attendance would be so big so SH and I are both very pleased and looking forward to the results of this Contest. ----------------------------------- Rayatje Sorry voor de spellings- en opbouwfouten van mijn Engels. My first vote goes to; Sofie. Because; First of all: your poem rhymes. I like rhyming poems. You think totally different then me about mirrordreams (but I geuss everyone thinks of something else) and I like your describing of what you think when someone says mirrordream. :) My second vote goes to; Darren. Because; Awh, your poem breaks my heart. It such a sensitive poem. They're much feelings in your poem. It's long and ofcourse it rhymes. <3 My third vote goes to; Sweet Hermione. Because; I've never read the book but I love your poem. I like the way you make poems, I like your style. Your poem has strong words and it's just beautiful. ----------------------------------- nirphania My first vote goes to krijt The fact it is a conversation between two people is really appealing to me. The repeating of the word mirror dreams is also very strong. I also liked the pieces what the man saw in the mirror. My second vote goes to Rayatje I liked the fact it was a bit story like, and a ball The fact she didn’t follow the stream makes her strong, and the ending is really romantic. ----------------------------------- Sofie My first vote goes to; Rayatje Because; It's just pretty awesome. The rhyming is okay but it's totally not why I vote for this poem; it's just so.. I really recognize some parts of it, and it makes me feel all fuzzy and fairytale-like. It fascinates me and it's just the best for me. Every girl was meant to be blessed with a boy Some prince who doesn't treat your heart like a toy This is pretty awesome. Second vote goes to; Smoky Because; It's just a very strong poem. It's quite short, but it doesn't need that many words to be special and strong. I do recognize it too. And I don't now, it just attracts me, lol. Pretty. Quite vague, too, has its own interpretation. The mirror dreams, of my messed up life. That's very appealing. Because well, basically, many people's lifes are pretty messed up. ----------------------------------- LavenderBrown First of all @ Marlie & Plot: Awesome, an idea like this! Unfortunately the attempts of writing a poem contest-worthy with the idea of mirrordreams in it didn't go very well, so I didn't join in this poetry chaos, but I'll definitely give it another go at the next one (: So here are my votes, and it was pretty hard to pick, because I pretty much loved all of them (hrr @ the 3-votes-thing). My 1st vote goes to Avada Kedavra Because: Well, in the first place I vote for you because of the line "I remember the sun, the beach, even the ice cream.", because it reminds me of a sentence a Heroes-character said 2nd vote goes to child of the other side Because: "Only the blackness belongs to you" *drool* I LOVE your vocabulary. I love your words and how you put them together and I think you do that in every poem, and this one is no different from the others, so I think you should have a little recognition and stuff, and so my 2nd vote is for you because you're just a damn well poetry-maker <3 My 3d vote goes to T O N K S Because: Well, your vision of mirrordreams and mine are way different, but I love your vocabulary, just like Marlie's, and your poem explained really well how you feel about all this, and it's just really pretty. I particularly love this bit; "Deep shock goes down the spinal cord. All faces stare in smothered silence, Prepared to face the prideful lord." Gu-uh <3 ----------------------------------- Smoky First of all, I want to say y'all did such a great job! I think it's awesome that so many people joined the contest! My 1st vote goes to; Sofie Because; There's a simple explanation why I'm voting for this poem. This was the only one that really gave me chills. Usually I'm more of a fan of vague, cryptic poems and this one's just so clear yet beautiful! And I can find myself in it big time! My 2nd vote goes to; Child of the other side Because; Like I said before, I like cryptic poems. And this one is cryptic. It's so cryptic that it maybe confuses me a little. But that is what mirrordreams is to me, confusion. So to me, this poem is perfect! ----------------------------------- Sweet Hermione First vote: T O N K S I like the subject of the poem, it appeals to me. It's very beautiful written and you got a wonderful vocabulary. It reminds me of one of my poems that I wrote some months ago, I guess. Sorry, I just think you rock. Second vote: Child Of The Other Side I always got a special feeling when I read your poems, they fascinate me and I think about then for a long time. This poem too. I actually don't understand your poem fully, but it's so pretty. ----------------------------------- T O N K S This was extremely difficult for me, because all of the poems are so great! Congratulations to all for your efforts! But yes, it was so difficult that I even had to make up some strict conditions for myself: - I don't like errors, so poems with errors were out straight away. - I also want things to have a certain rythm. Now rythm doesn't mean rhyming, because not everything has to rhyme for me. Some sentences have to though. - The meaning behind the poem. - Of course the poem itself - Vocabulary - And last; originality. In the end I choose three out of the five between which I was pending. Vote 1 - Smoky I just love your poem. It's short and strong, and the meaning was also a second thought of mine defining mirror dreams. I like your vocabulary very much in this poem (motions of sound, strangled my mind, magical mix) and I feel as if anyone can relate to this poem. It's just so abstract and wildly preceivable, but it's still personal because of the word 'my'. You did a great job. Vote 2 - child of the other side A very strong, but abstract poem. It gives me a rebellious sensation and it also appeals to me because I strongly feel that the world is fake and everything that is really going on is so well hidden. I don't know, but you kind of managed to describe the mind of the average human being on Earth. I love your vocab. Vote 3 - Jalf It's different, quite personal and again a very good definition of the word mirror dreams. I like the first sentence the most, it captures your attention straight away. It's fresh and short and many people in love think this way when they like someone that doesn't notice them. Very good. And that's all folks. Everyone did a great job, too bad that I can only vote 3 times. ----------------------------------- Mariky First Vote: Darren Because your poem is very great xO You have a great vocabulairy and you know how to use it. You did a great job with this poem and I really like it. It gave me a special and sweet feeling. Well done! =) Second Vote: Jalf Because, I like it very much. I don't exactly know why I like it so much, but I do. You wrote it in a special way and when you read it, there's a feeling of cuteness. You did a great job writing this! Third Vote: Rayatje Woot, that's a great poem and so sweet ^.^ And I like the rhyme very much, the ryhme makes the poem sweet and it's a great and very original subject that you chose. And I like the end the most :') ----------------------------------- Sweet Hermione As you may have noticed, we have got a problem. VotesChild of the other side - 4 Jalf - 3 Smoky - 3 T O N K S - 3 Rayatje - 3 Sofie - 2 Darren - 2 Krijt - 1 Sweet Hermione - 1 Avada Kedavra - 1 So, I'd like to ask for a second voting. Judge the contestants by giving them points: you give the person who you found to be the least good 1 points, and the one you think is the best 4 points. The ''new'' challenge is between: * Jalf * Smoky * T O N K S * Rayatje So you have to put the four of them in the order you like best. I hope a lot of people are be willing to help Marlie and me in this way. From now on you can vote, but only until the 2end/3rd of July. I actually have to discuss that with Marlie. Next time, we'll be voting in certain orders. Your first vote will be the vote for the poem you like best, etc. And now... vote! ----------------------------------- Sofie * Jalf - 2 * Smoky - 3 * T O N K S - 1 * Rayatje - 4 Please don't think your poem's bad if you get only one point from me.. But some poems just appeal more to me than others (; ----------------------------------- Aya Jalf --> 2 Smoky --> 4 T O N K S --> 1 Rayatje --> 3 These are my votes! :) And I'm not quite sure if this is the right topic to ask this, but what the hell :p Rayatje, are you Raya @ Clubs.nl as well? Nevin? ----------------------------------- LavenderBrown Well here yer go: * Jalf 3 * Smoky 2 * T O N K S 4 * Rayatje 1 ----------------------------------- Mariky * Jalf - 4 * Smoky - 1 * T O N K S - 2 * Rayatje - 3 There you go :'D ----------------------------------- Sweet Hermione * Jalf - 4 * Smoky - 1 * T O N K S - 3 * Rayatje - 2 That's hard to do. ----------------------------------- Hippogriefje * Jalf -- 3 * Smoky -- 1 * T O N K S -- 2 * Rayatje -- 4 ----------------------------------- child of the other side Okay, first I want to thank SH for her brilliant solution and I’m sorry for the folks who managed to get two points but didn’t get the 3rd price; next time we will do the counting in a different way. It’s just our first time. And you can vote till tomorrow eve 24.00 (2nd.) * Jalf - 2 points * Smoky – 3 points * T O N K S – 4 points * Rayatje – 1 point ----------------------------------- FelixdeFeniks @Cotos: Can I still vote on the 2nd?^^ If not, don't mind this post. * Jalf - 4 points * Smoky - 2 points * T O N K S - 3 points * Rayatje - 1 point It really is hard; all four poems are brilliant. ----------------------------------- Sweet Hermione ... And the REAL results are... Jalf - 24 points Smoky - 17 points T O N K S - 20 points Rayatje - 18 points First place: Child Of The Other Side (40 sickles) Second place: Jalf (30 sickles) Third place: T O N K S (20 sickles) You all did a great job! =D Congrats! -----------------------------------