Sweet Hermione http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d118/marlietje/poemdinges.jpg Winners of the October contest: First place: Mrs. Jessica Black Second place: Justintime, Sofie and Sweet Hermione Hello everybody and welcome to a new English Poetry Contest! This challenge will be organized every month, by Marlie (Child of the other side) and Charlotte (Sweet Hermione). The idea is very simple. We decide the subject, you write the poem. (And of course, we’ll try to make an entry as well.) This can be anything that’s inspiring; another poem, a lyric, a title, a picture, a word, etc. We’ll try to vary the subject as much as possible. Every participant has to maintain the following rules: - You are not allowed to write more than one poem per contest - The poem must be yours - The poem must have something to do with the subject. Please write a few words above/below your poem to tell us a little about it (just like you usually do) - Don’t comment on other people, you can do that via the pb-button or during the voting - Don’t make your poem too long, 5 pages about one subject is boring - Let someone beta it. There are many beta-readers on HPF and Cotos, TONKS and SH are willing to assist people who do want to compete but are not that good in English. With the right words your poem reads a lot easier. Don’t be ashamed just pb - You must send your poem to SH or to Cotos; you’re no longer allowed to post it by yourself About the voting: - Don’t vote for yourself nor before SH / Cotos give permission. If you do your vote won't count - Explain with more then 15 words why you’ve chosen a certain poem. “I love it” won’t do - You only have three votes. The first vote will be 3 points, the second vote 2 points, and your last vote will be 1 point. We will count all these points per person. The three poets with the most points are the winners. Please, place these votes in the same post and think before you make a choice, we don’t appreciate cheaters - You have to vote before the given date, if you cast your vote later it doesn’t count Well, those were the rules and now the most important part; PRIZES! 1st place - 40 sickles 2nd place - 30 sickles 3rd place - 20 sickles No one can win the first price more than 3 times in a row. If so, SH / Cotos will decide what to do. I hope you all understand why we do this. Our new subject is odd, but very cool (of course, of course...): Sweet, Sour, Salty, Bitter. These are the four tastes. Do with it whatever you like. Write about food, put one or more of the words in your poem, or do something else with it. Please send your poem between the 5th and the 26th of November. And you can vote between the 27th and 2nd (24.00) of December. We wish everybody good luck and lots of fun. If you have any suggestions, tips, notes or ideas; feel free to use the lovely pb-button, it’s begging to be pushed. Charlotte (Sweet Hermione) and Marlie (Cotos). ----------------------------------- Sweet Hermione 1st poem --- Revange Revange Why is it so cruel Somethimes so brutal He deserves it His nasty mind The bad kind It is my fault That's what he says I couldn't care less My revange is bittersweet So, this is my poem for the contest. I put the bitter & sweet in it, cause revange is bittersweet xD ----------------------------------- Sweet Hermione 2nd poem The sweet taste of life A kiss in the morning Such a lovely sensation Sun shining Flowers smiling Hand in hand A whisper in my ear I love you The sour taste of life I wake up, alone Again The door ajar He forgot his coat I close my eyes Trying to forget Hoping ----------------------------------- Sweet Hermione 3rd poem I thought about the subject, tastes, and I wondered what life would taste like. I still haven't quite figured it out -but maybe there is no set answer-, but I felt I came a step closer with this poem. --- Sip of life I step outside Take a sip of life Remember who I Used to be The time I bide Jealously eyed Shattered lives In debris This bitter life, I long to strive But even more To disagree I try in vain And will remain As imperfect As can be. ----------------------------------- Sweet Hermione 4th poem I stared at the subject for 15 minutes, without thinking of anything. I couldnt possible rhyme about food. Sweet, Salt, Sour, Bitter, what you dont eat, goes in the litter. Finally I found out all four tastes could be found in love. Love includes all of them at certain moments, meaning you can feel that way at some moments. Anyway, enough talking. Heres the poem. --- Love including all Sweet is a kiss, given by the lover Salty is a tear, dropped after discover Sour is a fight, making both bother Bitter is the time living without the other Four different tastes, love including all It can be given, it can also fall Four different tastes, love including all Maybe not so different after all? One of them makes happy, other one makes sad The fourth makes unhappy, the third makes mad Separate tastes can bother, together they cant Together they are love, which is something we all want ----------------------------------- Sweet Hermione 5th poem I wanted to write a poem about the craving of trying to be everything in one. But it didn't worked out, I guess, because it became this one. This poem is about a nave girl. She doesn't see danger coming, though everything gets worse and worse. Even the end she thinks she's still safe. --- Naivity She'd love to be the daughter The mistress in suspence When fudge was stroking her Set up the sweet romance Though nastiness was calling Like rushes to a head How average she warned so How sourly overwet The kitten faced the evening She picked it for a price Her writst got trembled in this The salt black burning skies The storm proved in desire A darkness over shell She whispered in all beauty How bitter roads can tell... ----------------------------------- child of the other side Okay, it's voting time! About the voting - Use more than 15 words to explain why you've chosen a certain poem. "I love it" won't do - You only have three votes. The first vote will be 3 points, the second vote 2 points, and your last vote will be 1 point. We will count all these points per person. The three poets with the most points are the winners. Please, place these votes in the same post and think before you make a choice, we don't appreciate cheaters - You have to vote before the given date, if you cast your vote later it doesn't count How to vote: My first/second/third vote goes to poem number: Because: You can vote between the 28th and 2nd (24.00 h.) Good luck with voting everyone. ----------------------------------- Patricia Here are my votes: My first vote goes to poem 4, Love including all The tastes are coming out very well, and it's well written. The poem is really true, cause love includes them all. I can see that the person who wrote this poem thought about it very well! My seccond vote goes to poem 3, Sip of life It made me feel a bit sad, and that's a good thing, cause it means that the poem is well written. It is also the form (sp?) the poem is written in. It's lovely! My third and last vote goes to poem 2. The person who wrote it, did a really good job. I really like the form (sp?) the poem is written in. It's nice that loving, the sweet taste is described first, and then the missing, the sour taste.. I just like this poem very much ;) ----------------------------------- SilverUnicorn *Walks into topic with knife in the back* Ok, I'll vote!! :wink: I'm not really into poetry, but I'll try my best to explain my choices. First of all, respect! Great job everybody on writing such poems *thumbs up* 1. Poem 4: I thought you did a great job using all the flavours in your poem and also linking them with love. 2 Poem 2: Nice contrast between the first and second part. I also like the way u described the emotional feeling. 3. Poem 3: I really like the idea u came up with and the way u described it in the poem. Again, sorry for the crappy comments, but I'm not really good at criticizing poetry ;). ----------------------------------- Sweet Hermione Time's up. 1st place winner is; Poem 4 - Nevodeon 2nd place winners are; Poem 3 - FelixdeFeniks and Poem 2 - Loesewies Boterslag The second place winners will receive 25 sickles. We combined the second and the third place so (30+20)/2= 25. Congrats. Poem 1 - Patricia89 Poem 5 - Sweet Hermione -----------------------------------