Sweet Hermione Hi people, my new chapter! They get longer and longer. :) This chapter will hopefully be a bit more exciting than the chapters before! (Thank you for your patience, for that one...! :wink: ) Hope you enjoy it! By the way: I haven't had any reactions for a while... Please, I love to read them and they're really helping me to write better. So please don't hesitate and send/write one! :) Chapter 5 Lupin landed on his feet, his knees lightly bending. Behind him, he heard Tonks landing on the ground. She walked toward him. ‘Where are we?’ she asked, looking around. They were in an open plaine of wild grass. It was very long and came to Lupin’s navel. The sun was low. It would go down in about 15 minutes, mabye even less. In the far distance, they saw the beginning of a forest. But no single sign of two children. ‘We’re in the right memory, aren’t we?’ asked Lupos, feeling worried. Tonks began to walk firmly trough the grass. ‘Well, I don’t think she putted us in the wrong one,’ she said confidentally. While they were walking, they kept looking around, searching for a sign of Stella and David. After a few minutes, Lupin saw them. Two small figures were walking in front of them, about 500 meters distance of him and Tonks. ‘Look!’ he said to Tonks, and pointed to the children. ‘C’mon,’ said Tonks, smiling. She sprinted through the high grass, to the stature of David and Stella. Lupin followed her, but he wasn’t as fast as she was. ‘C’mon, old man!’ she screamed, laughing. ‘I know!’ Lupin answered and panted. But they already reached the two children and started to walk beside them. David and Stella looked almost exactly the same as in the present, except for their clothes; they wore jeans and T-shirts. The two kids were walking silently through the grass. Lupin was just wondering what their purpose was, as they started to talk. ‘We shouldn’t be here very long,’ said David. ‘It’s getting darker and darker. Mabye we should just walk, back home.’ Stella was silent for a few moments. Finally, she said: ‘I don’t think-’ She fell silent. Lupin heard it too: voices were coming from the forest. They were not alone. ‘The werewolve will come soon,’ wispered Tonks, while she was staring at the forest. They had stopped walking. Lupin looked up, at the sky. The moon would rise very quickly. Would rise quickly. O no. The full moon. The voices from the forest went louder, but Lupin was afraid of something really different. ‘David,’ said Stella, sounding worried. ‘Who are they?’ David shrugged dismissive, and began to walk very slowely towards the threes. Stella, Lupin and Tonks followed. ‘Tonks,’ said Lupin, his voice trembling. He looked up at the sky again. The sky had turn dark blue, and the sun had set. A pale, shining edge of the moon appeared. ‘The moon,’ he said finally, his eyes full of fear. To his suprise, Tonks looked at him with a completely calm expression on her face. ‘Tonks!’ he said again, terrified. Didn’t she understood him? Didn’t she understood what would going to happen? But Lupin looked to the moon again. The full apparition. Lupin’s guts turned into ice. He would tranformate into a werewolve, in front of her and the children. He would turn into a terrible beast he could not controle. He would hurt them... mabye even murder them... He could not let that happen. He couldn’t. And then, without thinking about the memory, without thinking about who were at the forest, without thinking about if this would be the solution, he began to ran to the forest. ‘Remus!’ screamed Tonks, and started to run after him. ‘Stop! It isn’t – you wouldn’t – STOP, DAMN IT!’ Tonks had a better condition then Lupin, so after a while, he had to come to a halt. They were almost at the forest and they could see three dark figures walking between the trees, talking quietly with each other. Lupin and Tonks were panting. ‘It’s just a memory, darling!’ shouted Tonks at him, although they were just standing beside each other. ‘You wouldn’t – o no, you wouldn’t – transformate! We’re not… actually, here, you know! We’re just… seeing this.’ Lupin’s fast beating heart calmed down a bit. ‘You are… you are sure?’ he asked gingerly. ‘Yeah,’ said Tonks. ‘Please… my God, Remus…’ She seemed to be a little angry with him. But Remus feeled intensely relieved. ‘Then…’ he said softly, ‘this would be my first full moon without anything to fear. Which I can remember, of course.’ His voice sounded like anyone’s but his. Tonks putted her arms around his shoulders and hold him. She looked at the shining moon in the sky. ‘Yes,’ she wispered in his ear. ‘It would be.’ The two strangers in the forest were at the egde of it. One of the strangers stood deeper into the forest. Their voices had grew louder. She seemed to be in a very important conversation, because their voices sounded excited. ‘...you see, he needs the Instrument. He has been waiting too long, I bet he’s…’ Tonks let Lupin go. ‘Let’s follow them,’ she said. *** But they hadn’t had to. The strangers had come to a halt, still discussing hastily and excited. ‘We’re running out of time,’ said a short man, worried, wearing a green robe. They were all (Lupin assumed that the other man wasn’t an exception) wearing white masks. ‘No, we don’t,’ said a woman in an old, black robe. Lupin recognized that voice. It was Bellatrix Lestrange. He felt the hate burning in his chest. ‘We would get the Instrument soon, I’ll swear,’ she continued. ‘It’s actually too easy… C’mon… how good could it be protected? It’s almost forgotten, I’ll tell you that. Not many people knew about it... ’ She sighed. ‘O, and if we have the Instrument... he’ll be so pleased... It makes everything so much easier...’ A voice, coming from the wood, said: ‘And you say that I just have to bite them, and we can get it? Why?’ Greyback. Angry componied his hate. Lupin saw Stella en David standing still. Even from the distance he could see their fear. Bellatrix murmered something, and the other Death Eather (and likely Greyback) looked at her, bedazed. ‘That’s too risky,’ said the short man. ‘You’ll never succeed for that.’ ‘Come on, it’s easy!’ said Bellatrix, irritated. ‘And very important. Think about what he could do with it... anything is possible… It’s better than the Imperius Curse. They’ll believe anything...’ Bellatrix looked into the forest. ‘Come out, and do what I told you to do,’ she said strictly. And Greyback came out. As soon as the silvery moonlight fell upon Greyback, his body began to shake. Lupin receded at the sight of Greyback’s transformation. Greyback’s old robe ripped as his legs stretched and became wolflegs. He cried at the moon and his arms burst out of his sleeves. His hands became claws with spiked and sharp yellowish nails. A brown haired tail sprout out of his lower back. Greyback shook off his robe, which was torn apart because of the transformation. The two other Death Eathers looked at the whole performance as they were watching the news on the television. The look in their eyes were very serene. Stella and David seemed to have frozen. Then, they turned around and began to ran. Greyback howled again and looked to the place were Tonks and Lupos stood. It was very hard for Lupin to watch all this. He knew how it was to transformate, he knew exactly the pains you had to suffer, but I couldn’t understand how you could actually enjoy all of this, how you would bite innocent people intentionally... But after Greyback’s transformation, everything happened so fast that Lupin couldn’t think brightly.Greyback ran quick as the wind, howling and growling, after the two children. Lupin heard Stella yelling in agony, as she heard that they were being hunted by a werewolve. Tonks ran towards the displaying, a horrified but resolute expression on her face. Lupin followed her, glancing at the Death Eathers. They still had that horrible flat look. He heard a beastly roar and a scream and saw that he was standing just in front the werewolve and David. Greyback had jumped upon the back of David, his nails deep in his flesh. Scarlet blood was welling up from the small back of the child. David’s face was white as chalk, tears were trickling on his cheeks and his mouth was open in an noiseless scream. Stella was yelling and seemed to have gone crazy. She was still running, but she hadn’t had any change against Greyback. He pounched upon her back. She fell on her gut, crying. David tried to stand again, but he fell on the ground, not able to help his sister. Greyback was mauling in Stella’s neck so wild, that she turned around and lay on her back. She was pretty brave and began to try to beat the werewolf. Her T-shirt was covered in blood and stick on her body. The werewolve sprang upon her face. Stella cried. Bright, red blood was coming from the deep cuts in her face. She roared and screamed: ‘David!’ But David was lying on the ground, his body shaking uncontrollably. He cried and screamed while his hands became claws and he sprouted a tail. He was transformating. Greyback bit Stella in her small, defenceless arm and she yelled. Her face was wet of her blood and tears. Ze began to growl beastily at Greyback, and her face became hairy, her eyes black and her teeth pointed. Quickly, two young, bleeding werewolves sprang upon Greyback. He reacted with supernatural speed: he shook the two werewolves off his back and scratched David’s gut open. David’s yelling was deafening and made Lupin feel sick. He turned away his gaze. It was horrible to look at this. He saw Tonks staring at the three werewolves, her mouth a little open of astonishment and a miserable look in her eyes. She looked at him, her eyes shining. ‘Come on,’ she said, while a tear was falling on her cheek. ‘I can’t...’ she said, and she clutched his hand. Lupin glanced at the Death Eathers for a last time. He saw the triumph in Bellatrix’s eyes and felt the same, hot hate boiling in his chest again. Stella and David fell on the ground again, howling and growling, trying to release themselves from the evil werewolve that was hunting them... But everyting turned black... and they were falling through darkness again... back to present... Back to a world which already knew the abominitions against two little children. But did they already knew about the Death Eathers, and their mysterieus Instrument...? -----------------------------------