Sweet Hermione @ Harry, Ron & Hermione, Rose (as always! :D ), Elyse, tet_1991, and Mrs. Charlie Wemel: Thanks for your reactions! I was very happy with them! Keep on sending reactions! :D Chapter 13 ‘Remus! Remus, wake up! WAKE UP!’ Lupin felt a hard hit on his face. ‘Ouch!’ He opened his eyes. Tonks’s bright blue eyes were examining him. ‘You’re allright?’ she said worried. ‘What? Oh... yeah... ‘suppose so...’ Lupin looked around. He was lying on the ground. He was still in the forest. It was dark. ‘What’s the time now? What happened?’ He looked at Tonks. She had a bleeding lip and some scratches in her neck. ‘Good Lord, what happened?’ ‘Long story,’ she said uncomfortably. ‘C’mon, stand up.’ She took his hands and helped him to stand up. Lupin felt his limbs and his whole body again, and he was very glad about that. ‘What’s the time, Tonks?’ asked Lupin Tonks, when he stood on his feet again. ‘Dunno. Ten ‘o clock or something. It was early dark this evening.’ Tonks looked agitated. Ze was scratching with her nails in her neck. Lupin saw a bleeding wound there. ‘Tonks?’ Tonks looked at him and blinked. ‘Tonks!’ shouted Lupin. He took her hand into his. ‘Stop that!’ Tonks looked suprised of his binding voice. ‘You’ll hurt yourself,’ said Lupin quitly. They walked over the small path, out of the forest. Tonks looked very pale and tired. ‘Tell me what happened,’ said Lupin. But Tonks didn’t replied. They walked further. Tonks walked quickly, and Lupin had difficulty to keep up with her. They were almost out of the forest. ‘Please, Tonks...’ he said. Tonks avoided his gaze. ‘Tell me,’ he suddenly begged. The moonlight was falling upon there faces as they stood at the edge of the forest. Tonks sighed. Lupin saw tears shining in the corner of her eyes. ‘Oh...’ Lupin sighed. Tonks wrapped her arms around him and sobbed. Lupin felt worried. What had Snape done to her? How far did he went? ‘What has he done to you, Tonks?’ wispered Lupin to her, while he was stroking her hair. She sighed again. ‘He... I...’ She shook her head and let go of him. ‘We have to see Stella and David at first... I...’ Now, she took his hand into hers. They walked to the house. *** ‘Kids!’ Tonks hugged both of the children. They had been upstairs in their room. ‘Everything allright?’ asked Tonks them. The children looked at each other and nodded slowely. ‘I guess...’ frowned Stella. ‘Tonks, why do you ask that?’ asked David. Tonks looked at Lupin. ‘Er... well... I got the feeling that there was something wrong with you....’ ‘Death Eaters,’ said Lupin suddenly. The children looked frightened. ‘We met one,’ he said. ‘Please don’t worry... everything is O.K...’ He looked at Tonks. ‘Please. We should not lie to them. They have to know the truth.’ ‘Tonks?’ asked David. ‘You’re not O.K., are you?’ Lupin suddenly remembered the Healer. David was very social, she told them. ‘No, David, I’m not,’ sighed Tonks. ‘But I’m going to be fine.’ Tonks closed her eyes and seemed to think very hard... ‘Yes...’ she murmed. ‘David... Stella... I have to check you two.’ ‘What?’ said two children together. ‘Don’t worry. I won’t hurt you, or something...’ Tonks crouched at Stella. ‘I don’t think... at the moment...’ she murmed. Then, she looked the girl in the eyes. ‘Stella, are there gaps in your memory’s?’ Stella looked suprised. ‘Er... what?’ ‘Are they?’ asked Tonks. ‘You know... what I mean?’ ‘Yes, I know what you mean,’ shrugged Stella. ‘So...?’ ‘I don’t know.’ Lupin looked at Tonks. ‘Come on. She’s smart,’ apoligized Tonks. ‘It’s not that.’ Stella was thinking hard. ‘I think I can remember everything, but-’ Lupin interupped her and was still looking shocked at Tonks. ‘You think that Snape has...?’ ‘Yes, Remus, I think so!’ shouted Tonks suddenly. She turned to Stella again. ‘You know what you said to me when I left?’ Stella turned scarlet. ‘Uh...’ She looked at her brother. ‘What did I said?’ Tonks growled. ‘I hate him. I verappeltaarte hate him.’ ‘Tonks!’ said Lupin sharply. ‘The children!’ ‘You’ll be a good father,’ she said suddenly, ‘but I still... verappeltaarte... hate him!’ The children looked suprised at Tonks. ‘David?’ asked Tonks. ‘Have you...?’ David sighed. ‘Yes. The werewolve lesson... And when you left the house... I’m sorry.’ ‘Don’t say you’re sorry, you shouldn’t have to be sorry. You can’t help it, right?’ said Tonks unpatiantly. ‘Right,’ sighed David. They walked into the living room and sat down. ‘Great,’ she said irritatebly. ‘We’ve got... a dark Instrument that Voldemort wants to have. We’ve got... two kids who have had the spirit of a Death Eater inside them, and that will happen again. We’ve got... the same Death Eater who tried to kill me.’ She smiled humorless. ‘Great. Wouldn’t be better, would it?’ ‘What do you want to do?’ asked Lupin. ‘I want Snape out of them!’ shouted Tonks. ‘It’s... EVIL!’ ‘Merlin, I KNOW!’ said Lupin. ‘But do you know things about uttering spirits?’ ‘No! Do you want an exorcist?’ asked Tonks. Lupin grinned. He saw the children looking at them, frowning. ‘Well... let’s call it a day, Tonks,’ said Lupin brightly. He saw a look in her eyes that made him feel quite funny. Did she really thought...? But they never would... Would they? ‘It’s late,’ he said hastely. ‘Stella and David here should get some sleep. We will search in the books tomorrow.’ ‘Oh, yes,’ smiled Tonks. ‘Upstairs, you go!’ She pointed at the stairs, but Stella didn’t moved. Lupin was suprised. He assumed that the children would obey directly. But he seemed to have forgotten that ‘going to bed’ was an nasty and annoying subject if it came to kids. ‘You’re not my mum.’ Tonks rolled with her eyes. ‘No, I’m not. But if you don’t want to be crushed by a werewolve this night, you’d better obey me.’ Stella and Lupin were both shocked. Stella followed her brother hastely and ran up the stairs. ‘Tonks!’ breathed Lupin. ‘That was... vicious!’ ‘Well, I’d practise some more in being vicious, ‘cause I couldn’t even handel one lousy Death Eater.’ Tonks smiled acerbic. They walked slowely up the stairs. ‘I think it is time,’ said Lupin, when he opened the door to the bedroom, ‘that you’re going to tell me the whole story about what happened tonight.’ -----------------------------------