child of the other side 1st Poem My inspiration for this poem is the first stanza of the lyrics: Underneath the sky of red Is a storyteller sleeping alone He has no face and he has no name And his whereabouts are sort of unknown It made me think of a vagrant, homeless man, who has to beg for money. And in big city's, you have these vagrants who sell junk for a living, like flashlights, or whatever. So I made up the Laceman, a vagrant who sells shoelaces. I wanted to write something about the story of the Laceman. It's not the best I've written, but it's alright, I guess, though I couldn't get the rhythm quite right. Anyway, here it is: Laceman, oh Laceman Tell me your story Please, do Silver hair Wrinkled face And baggy clothes His kind, sad eyes emit Wisdom He’s always there Never leaves his place Selling shoelaces for a dime Waiting for his next customer In vain, he knows Everyday, I wonder Who the Laceman really is What’s his story Where’s he been Yet no one seems to know Laceman, oh Laceman Tell me your story Please, do -----------------------------------