Pottergirl Welcome! The few of you who know me a little longer will probably remember the Dutch fanfiction I once had with characters from the Harry Potter books starring in a Big Brother-like programme. I never finished it and I regret it immensely, for most readers commented very postively. So, I've decided to try again. I've rearranged the whole project and decided to write it in English, since I read the books in English and hate to use the Dutch names (of course I could use the English names in a Dutch Fan Fiction but I hate to do that xD). Anyway, I will explain to you the general idea. I expect you all know the tv show Big Brother. A couple of years back it was a great television hit. Now, I've put twelve Harry Potter characters in a similar, Big Brother-like situation. There's a house, there's twelve candidates, there are assignments and there's thirty days. Every three days a character will be eliminated (by me), so the last three days only the three best candidates are left. They will be playing the finale, after which there will be a final voting round. That's were you come in. I know it's still miles away, but after the finale, I will allow you, the reader, to vote for who you think has to win 'Big Potter'. I hope everything's clear now. If there are any questions, feel free to use the PB button (: Have fun reading and comments would be absolutely wonderful! Pottergirl - - - http://i30.tinypic.com/11hs8z9.jpg Chapter 0 - IntroductionVOICE-OVER: "Good evening and welcome to 'Big Potter', the magical tv show that will make your eyes pop! On tonight's episode we will introduce the candidates and explain the game. So sit back and relax, and let 'Big Potter' enchant your living room!" We see twelve black silhouettes walk towards twelve huge pink arm chairs. They sit down and the camera moves towards the first candidate, still unknown because the lights are off. VOICE-OVER: "Let us begin by introducing candidate 1!' A spotlight gets turned on and we see the face of candidate 1, a young man of about seventeen years old with black, untidy hair. VOICE-OVER: "Our first candidate is well-known throughout the wizarding world, and, thanks to our dearest friend J. K. Rowling, you Muggles know him as well! Please welcome... Harry Potter!" Applause. HARRY smiles and waves to the unseen audience. VOICE-OVER: "So Harry, how are you doing?" HARRY POTTER: "I'm fine, thanks. I'm really looking forward to this, you know." VOICE-OVER: "And why is that?" HARRY POTTER: "Well, you know, we Gryffindors have a bit of a saving-people complex, and if it's not too bold to say, I think I'm the perfect example of that. I think this will be the ultimate opportunity to help my friends in artificially created dangerous situations." VOICE-OVER: "Right. Well, that's great. Let's move on to our next candidate, candidate 2!" The spotlight turns away from HARRY, who looks as though he wanted to say something else, to the person sitting next to him. Another seventeen-year-old young man, but this time with flaming red hair. VOICE-OVER: "Our second candidate is a redhead with a good appetite. Please welcome... Ronald Weasley!" Applause. RON looks a little uncomfortable but smiles and waves like HARRY did. VOICE-OVER: "Ronald, are you looking forward to the next 30 days, too?" RON WEASLEY: "I'm not sure, really... As long as there's food I think I'll be fine, you know. Oh and by the way, please call me 'Ron'." VOICE-OVER: "No problem, Ron. And you don't have to worry about the food, believe me. So, who's sitting next to Ron? It's candidate 3!" The spotlight moves from RON to the person sitting next to him, showing a girl of the same age as Harry and Ron. She has bushy brown hair and she looks as though she's dying to say something. VOICE-OVER: "Let's hear it for our little librarian... Hermione Granger!" Applause. HERMIONE smiles but is still looking like she needs to say something important. VOICE-OVER: "Is there something you want to say, Hermione?" HERMIONE GRANGER: "Most definately. First of all, Ron, if you had read the Rules of the Game properly before coming here, you would know that the candidates don't have to worry about the food. The staff will make sure there's more than enough to eat and drink." RON looks relieved, but HERMIONE's not finished. HERMIONE GRANGER: "And second, Harry, please do something about your hair. We're on television, you know." HARRY throws HERMIONE an annoyed look-at-your-own-hair look. The camera turns to the fourth person who's still covered in darkness. VOICE-OVER: "Let’s move on to our next candidate, candidate nr. 4!” And again the spotlight switches from HERMIONE, who indignantly raises an eyebrow before disappearing from view, to the long and slender figure sitting next to her. VOICE-OVER: “This may come as a shock for most of you people, so hang on to your hats! Put your hands together for… Voldemort!” No applause this time. Shocked gasps and some muttering is heard from some of the other candidates, while one of them cackles with pleased laughter. VOICE-OVER: “Told you it could be a shock. Now Voldemort, what made you join our programme?” VOLDEMORT glances sideways to HARRY but quickly turns towards the camera as soon as he realizes everybody is waiting for him to say something. VOLDEMORT: “Is the most powerful wizard on earth not allowed to join a silly tv show?” HARRY POTTER: “You are not the most powerful wizard on earth! Dumble-“ VOICE-OVER: “Shut up, Harry.” HARRY looks hurt but shuts up. Camera switches back to VOLDEMORT, who’s grinning unpleasantly. VOICE-OVER: “Of course you are allowed to join a tv show. If you weren’t, we wouldn’t have let you through the screening. Now, let’s get on with it. Our next candidate is another celebrity!” Spotlight switches from a grinning VOLDEMORT to an elderly man with a long white beard and a pointy hat. He blinks a little from the sudden light. VOICE-OVER: “Everbody, clap and cheer for good old Albus Dumbledore!” Applause. DUMBLEDORE smiles and waves politely. ALBUS DUMBLEDORE: “How kind of you!” VOICE-OVER: “Welcome at the programme, Headmaster.” ALBUS DUMBLEDORE: “Thank you very much.” VOICE-OVER: “You think you can handle thirty days in a house with eleven… well, present individuals? I mean, you’re not a young man anymore.” ALBUS DUMBLEDORE: “One’s never too old to experiment.” DUMBLEDORE looks around, his lips curved in some sort of satisfied smile. In a short moment of silence the camera switches from DUMBLEDORE to VOLDEMORT, who frowns a little as though he’s trying to understand what DUMBLEDORE just said, to HARRY, RON and HERMIONE, who all look simply disgusted. VOICE-OVER: “Rrrright. Let’s move on. Our sixth candidate may just be equipped with the sixth sense.” Spotlight turns away from DUMBLEDORE to a smaller figure with long blonde hair and earrings that look like radishes. VOICE-OVER: “Let’s hear it for… Luna Lovegood!” Applause. LUNA smiles dreamily into the camera. VOICE-OVER: “So Luna, how are you?” LUNA LOVEGOOD: “I’m fine, thank you. I think I will have a good time at the Big Potter-house. It’s sad Ginny isn’t here, though.” HARRY POTTER: “I know exactly what you mean…” Camera switches to HARRY who looks a little miserable. Back to LUNA, who smiles sympathetically. LUNA LOVEGOOD: “If you want to talk about it, Harry, I’m there for you, you know.” HARRY smiles slightly, clearly trying his best not to roll his eyes. HARRY POTTER: “Yeah, thanks Luna.” VOICE-OVER: “Alright, let’s move to our next candidate. Apparently he doesn’t object to spending thirty days in one house with both Muggleborns and blood traitors.” Spotlight switches from LUNA to a slender young man of the same age as HARRY, RON and HERMIONE, with white blonde hair, wearing a sneer-like expression. VOICE-OVER: “Please welcome… Draco Malfoy!” DRACO smiles in a sort of evil way before turning his head towards HARRY, RON and HERMIONE. DRACO MALFOY: “It’s not like I want to be in one house with them. I just do it because of the money.” RON WEASLEY: “Just tell them your father made you do it, Malfoy.” DRACO MALFOY: “Shut up, Weaselbee.” VOICE-OVER: “Come on boys, easy now. You can have as many arguments as you want once you’re in the house. Just keep it down a little now.” Both boys look into the camera with an irritated look on their faces, but they keep their mouths shut anyway. VOICE-OVER: “Now, let’s carry on to see who our eighth candidate is.” Spotlight turns to the dark figure sitting next to DRACO. We see a long mane of dark hair and a somewhat sunken face displaying a boyishly grin. VOICE-OVER: “Ladies and gentlemen, let’s hear it for… Sirius Black!” Applause. SIRIUS’ grin widens as he bows slightly towards the camera and waves a little. VOICE-OVER: “Sirius! Still haven’t been scalped by Mrs. Weasley?” SIRIUS BLACK: “Nah. She almost killed me when I said I didn’t want to cut my hair before appearing on television, but as you can see, I’m still alive.” Camera turns to RON who looks as if he can’t decide whether he should feel insulted or amused. Back to SIRIUS, who is gazing quite intensely into the camera as if he knows all the ladies on the other side of the television will be fainting at this exact moment. VOICE-OVER: “Well, I think most of the ladies don’t mind you keeping your hair long. Anyway, lots of people to introduce so let’s move on. Our next candidate is candidate number 9.” Spotlight switches from SIRIUS to the silhouette of our next candidate. Another long mane of dark hair appears, but this time a feminine face is shown. VOICE-OVER: “Make some noise for… Bellatrix Lestrange!” No applause this time. We see SIRIUS looking outrageous, HARRY, RON and HERMIONE looking scandalized and LUNA, who’s still smiling into nothingness. Camera switches back to BELLATRIX, who doesn’t seem to have any attention for the other candidates except VOLDEMORT. VOICE-OVER: “Mrs. Lestrange, don’t you care about the fact that nobody applauded for you?” BELLATRIX LESTRANGE: “No. All I care about is my Master. As long as he is here, I will be here. If he gets voted out of the contest, I will leave on my own accord so I’ll be able to follow everything he does.” Camera switches to RON, who seems to be muttering something to HERMIONE. VOICE-OVER: “What’s that, Ron?” RON WEASLEY: “Oh, I just said that I hope they both get thrown out of the house as soon as possible.” BELLATRIX LESTRANGE: “How dare you! You repulsive little gargoyle! You will pay for that! I will make you pay!” VOLDEMORT: “Bellatrix, calm down.” BELLATRIX LESTRANGE: “But Master, he insulted –“ VOLDEMORT: “You can have your way with him as soon as the show has started. Wait until we’re in the house.” VOICE-OVER: “Now that that’s been taken care of, we can introduce our next candidate!” Spotlight switches to yet another figure with dark hair, but this time hanging in a greasy curtain around the face. VOICE-OVER: “Please welcome… Severus Snape!” Audience doesn’t seem to know whether to applaud or not. Camera focuses on SNAPE, who’s looking downright cranky. VOICE-OVER: “So, you appeared to be a good guy after all, didn’t you?” SEVERUS SNAPE: “Who told you that?” VOICE-OVER: “Rowling did. In the last Harry Potter book.” SEVERUS SNAPE: “What makes you think she’s right?” Camera switches to DUMBLEDORE, who knows a lot about the subject of course. ALBUS DUMBLEDORE: “Because she told them I trusted you, Severus! It makes perfect sense!” SEVERUS SNAPE: “No, it doesn’t.” VOICE-OVER: “Well anyway, you belong to the good side even though you’re a Death Eater. We can’t make it simpler than that. Let’s get moving and see who our eleventh candidate is!” Spotlight turns from SNAPE to the somewhat plump figure sitting next to him. We recognize former professor Dolores Jane Umbridge, blending in perfectly with the pink arm chair she’s sitting in. VOICE-OVER: “Let’s hear it for… Dolores Umbridge!” Instead of applause, distant fireworks are heard and we hear RON imitating a horse. UMBRIDGE starts and turns around, apparently annoyed. VOICE-OVER: “Dolores, I think we all remember you as the child-hating rule-loving dictator-like Headmaster-for-a-day Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher from Harry’s fifth year at Hogwarts. Are you going to terrorize the house like you terrorized the school back in the day?” DOLORES UMBRIDGE: “Of course not! I turned away from that path long ago. I’m a sweet lady now. Anybody want a cookie?” UMBRIDGE is holding a cookie jar filled to the brim with home-made cookies in the shape of several kinds of torture devices. We hear HARRY, RON, HERMIONE, DRACO and LUNA mutter some refusals, but we see VOLDEMORT enthousiastically bending over towards UMBRIDGE and taking a cookie in the shape of a Tongue Tearer. VOICE-OVER: “Enjoy your cookie. Let’s get to know our last candidate!” Spotlight moves over to the last pink arm chair, revealing a man with half his nose gone. VOICE-OVER: “Say hello to… Alastor ‘Mad-Eye’ Moody!” Applause. MOODY’s lopsided face breaks into something that’s supposed to look like a half-hearted smile and he waves his hand once, more to silence the audience than to greet them. VOICE-OVER: “Are you looking forward to your thirty-day adventure, Alastor?” ALASTOR MOODY: “Depends. I don’t know who’s going to last together with me, of course, so it’s a little unpredictable. I just want to say that there’s only one way to gain victory in a tv show like this.” VOICE-OVER: “And what is that?” ALASTOR MOODY: “CONSANT VIGILANCE!” Camera moves backwards so we can see all twelve candidates together. VOICE-OVER: “Now we know all of you a little, but we will get to know you much better during the show. We wish you all the best of luck and may the best man win!” Picture slowly turning black as we see the candidates standing up from their pink arm chairs to be shown to the house they will inhabit the next thirty days. -----------------------------------