child of the other side Last day, last chances. And yes, I will vote as well. ^^ *goodies* My first vote goes to poem number; 6 Because; it took me by suprise. It's been a while since I've seen a long poem that's this good. I won't say it's the best, because I had a hard time deciding what poem to pick, but it's very good. I don't think I get the whole poem but I love the last line. And the 4th stanza is wonderful! My second vote goes to poem number; 4 Short but pretty. It doesn't immediately remind me of the song but it's pretty none the less. I also like the form; you end with a last word. One last word that's very important. (Or as my teacher would say; a final statement.) My third vote goes to poem number; 7 Again, it was hard for me to decide which poem to pick. Your poem was as good as the others so don't feel insulted by getting my third vote. (: Somehow, your poem reminded me of Romea&Julia, especially the stanza where you have spoken lines. The poem is sad and romantic, a common combination but it appeals me, so ... well done. -----------------------------------