Welkom op Harry Potter Forum! 

Antwoord op onderwerp

The Fangirl Mod

Houseitem
BerichtGeplaatst: do jun 02, 2011 15:47 

Hi! (:

Welcome in my topic. Haven't written in a long time, decided to write some fic again, yadda yadda yadda :') I just hope you guys like it and let me know (even if you don't, I just like to hear from you haha).

Anyway - it's not a Harry Potter fic (although I might start writing some HP oneshots again, we'll see) but a Glee-centric one, specifically about Blaine Anderson and Kurt Hummel (aka the glorious ship that's Klaine).

<3

P.S.: I highly recommend listening to this song before, after or whilst reading this fic.

- - - - - - - - - -

Afbeelding

In a parallel universe, Blaine's father doesn't let him attend Dalton. Unable to face any more bullying at Ridgemont High, he runs away. Ending up in a coffeeshop somewhere in Lima, Ohio, he meets someone who will change his life.

Prologue: The power lines went out
Chapter One: And I am all alone
Chapter Two: Couldn't finish what you started
Chapter Three: Only darkness still remains
Chapter Four: Lost sight, couldn't see
Chapter Five: When it was you and me
Chapter Six: I'm beginning to see the light

Laatst bijgewerkt door Pottergirl op wo aug 10, 2011 14:24, in totaal 3 keer bewerkt.

Profiel  

The Fangirl Mod

Houseitem
BerichtGeplaatst: do jun 02, 2011 15:50 

Prologue: The power lines went out

"How many times do I have to tell you, Riza – we don't. Have. The. Money.'

"If he stays here it's just a matter of time before he gets beaten up at school, too!'

"WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING?'

"You know you're too hard on him.'

"It's a father's duty to discipline his son!'

Short silence.

"You know you can't just beat him and hope it will make him straight.'

"I bloody well do what I want with my son! He's not going to that ridiculously expensive all-boys private school and that's the end of it!'

The clinking of ice against glass. Soft but brisk footsteps coming up the stairs. Blaine closed the door of his room as softly as he could, but not a second later he heard someone tapping on it.

"Honey?'

Blaine sighed and opened the door again. Without looking at his mother, he walked over to his bed and sat down on it, staring at his knees. His mother lingered by the door.

"I heard everything,' Blaine said, not looking up. "And I could've written out the conversation beforehand. I knew every single thing he was going to say and it doesn't matter. It's just... it was worth a shot.'

He heard his mother breathe in, as if she was going to say something, but apparently she thought better of it and instead turned around and closed the door behind her. Blaine exhaled slowly. He had made up his mind. He wasn't going back to that hell called high school and his father wouldn't let him transfer, so that didn't leave him much choice. He'd packed his bag already, anticipating his father's refusal. He only had to wait until his parents were asleep. He didn't know where he was going to go but as far away as he could sounded like a plan.

Profiel  

The Fangirl Mod

Houseitem
BerichtGeplaatst: ma jul 18, 2011 9:48 

Chapter One: And I am all alone

Not entirely awake yet, Kurt stumbled into the Lima Bean with the intention of just grabbing his medium drip before he had to face an hour and a half of English literature. He definitely needed his coffee to be able to not fall asleep during the endless discussions about the representation of the Catholic church in the works of James Joyce. Stifling a yawn, he shuffled forward as the queue slowly progressed. Looking up to see whether he had to place his order yet, his eye fell on a lonely figure at the end of the coffee shop. A guy he’d never seen before, although he was obviously of his age. He definitely didn’t go to McKinley, or Kurt would’ve known. Oh yes, he would’ve known – he was hard to miss. He possessed a head full of untamed, dark curls and, when he raised his head from his arms, a pair of long-lashed olive eyes blinked at the sunlight streaming through the windows. He looked sad though.

‘Good morning. May I help you?’

Kurts head snapped back to the counter in front of him when a Lima Bean employee with long blond hair asked his order. For a second, Kurt’s eyes trailed back to the other end of the coffee shop. The curly-haired guy had buried his face in his arms again.

‘Sir?’

‘Ah, yeah, sorry,’ Kurt said. ‘One medium drip, please.’ The blond girl turned away to ready his order, when he made up his mind. ‘Make that two,’ he added quickly. He distractedly paid for his purchase and then, with the two steaming cups in his hands, walked over to the lost looking loner, hoping he liked his coffee this way.

‘I’m sorry to disturb your undoubtedly refreshing nap in the corner of a noisy coffee shop, but I couldn’t help noticing you were looking like you could need some of this stuff,’ Kurt said, holding out one of the cups to the curls.

Slowly, the guy raised his head, looking at Kurt with a face that spoke only of exhaustion. Kurt raised his eyebrows and decided to sit down opposite to him.

‘Apparently, my eyes didn’t deceive me,’ he added, chuckling a little.

‘Thanks,’ the heavy-lidded stranger replied, taking a little sip. He looked at Kurt.

‘I don’t mean to sound rude or anything, but why would you care?’

He didn’t sound rude. Kurt smiled at him. ‘I don’t know. I think I just felt like you could use a friend, and I know the feeling. So here I am. I’m Kurt, by the way.’

‘Blaine.’

They drank their coffee in silence for a while, Kurt not wanting to pressure Blaine into telling him anything he didn’t want to share. After a couple of minutes of drinking and staring (on Kurt’s part, anyway – Blaine seemed too distracted by the windows of the coffee shop and what was outside of them), Kurt put down his almost empty cup.

‘Well, I should probably get to class,’ he said unenthousiastically.

Blaine looked up. ‘Oh. Right.’

‘What are you going to do?’

‘I don’t know.’

Kurt looked at the guy and sighed. ‘Okay, here’s the deal. I’ll skip class and stay here with you if you want, but then you have to quench my curiosity by telling me what you’re doing here.’

For the first time, Blaine smiled a little. ‘I’m sorry. I’m just so tired I can only seem to concentrate on one thing at a time. I would really appreciate it if you would stay.’

‘Okay then. Spill.’

-

‘Well, that was definitely more interesting than listening to Mr. Gordon drone on and on about the use of stream of consciousness in Ulysses,’ Kurt said. ‘So you ran away because both your dad and pretty much everyone at your high school are a bunch of homophobic narrow-minded idiots, you ended up here and now you’re out of money and you haven’t got a place to go. Correct?’

Blaine nodded, screwing up his face whilst swallowing the last bit of cold coffee from his cup.

‘Okay,’ Kurt sighed. ‘So, first of all, you need a place to stay. That’s easy: you can come with me.’

‘Wait, what? You mean – your place?’

‘Of course I mean my place! Well, obviously I don’t have my own place, but I’m sure my dad and my stepmom and Finn won’t mind when I bring you. We have a guest room.’ Kurt smiled at Blaine. ‘So that’s your first problem solved.’

Blaine looked at Kurt, incredulous. ‘Are you kidding?’

Kurt raised his eyebrows. ‘Oh no. I never kid. Now, you’re also out of money, but that’s something we can take care of easily enough while you stay with me. I’m sure you can get a job at a Gap or something. They always need people.’

Blaine shook his head. ‘I can’t believe this.’

‘What?’

‘That you’re doing this for me.’

‘Why wouldn’t I?’

Blaine frowned. ‘You have no idea who I am, I could be a serial killer or a cannibal or something!’

‘I know exactly who you are. You’re a gay guy who was bullied every single day of his life, desperate to escape and feeling like nobody cared one bit.’ Blaine looked at Kurt, mouth open and eyes wide. Kurt smiled a little bitterly at him. ‘I know exactly who you are.’

‘You too?’ Blaine asked softly, after a couple of seconds of stunned silence.

‘Yeah, well, it got better after a while, and I’m so lucky as to have an understanding father who just needed to do a course of Queers 101, but yeah – me too.’

They stared at each other for a moment, and then Kurt put his hands on the table. ‘Shall we get going, then? I suppose you could do with a shower and a clean bed.’

‘I don’t smell like I’m homeless, do I?’ Blaine asked worryingly.

Kurt chuckled, throwing away the empty coffee cups and making his way to the door. ‘Don’t worry, I would’ve told you if I did.’

-

‘I can’t believe you skipped school, Kurt! When Figgins called I thought you had gotten another death threat or something. Don’t do that to me!’

‘Dad, I told you – it was an emergency! You should’ve seen him, he looked so helpless. I had to do something. Besides, with Karofsky on the other side of the country on his sports exchange death threats aren’t exactly part of my daily routine anymore.’

Burt sighed.

‘So what’s his name again? And why is he sleeping in our guest room as we speak?’

‘His name’s Blaine and his dad’s a homophobe.’

Burt stopped cleaning the bumper of the ancient Chevrolet he had gotten off of eBay a couple of weeks ago. ‘Oh.’

‘I told you it was an emergency.’

‘Well, he should at least call his parents to let them know where he is. It’s a terrible thing for a parent, not knowing where your child has run off to.’

‘Dad, did I mention his father is a homophobe?’

‘Kurt, as soon as he wakes up, he’s going to call his parents. They need to know where he is.’ Burt looked at his son. He understood how Kurt saw himself in this kid, and it hurt him to be remembered of all the things his son had had to go through. As if they could possibly forget. And to know that this happened to other kids too was something he shouldn’t think about for too long or he would probably wreck his new car. Kurt was standing by the door of the garage, eyes wet with frustration. ‘Son, I understand you want to help him. Of course I understand. But this is not our business. He has to figure this out himself. We can help him get in the right direction and we should support him where we can, but ultimately he has to solve this issue by himself.’

Kurt nodded and quietly slipped back into the house.

-

‘They’re coming to pick me up tonight,’ Blaine said, his voice flat. He put the phone back on it’s dock and looked at Kurt, who couldn’t stand the helplessness they showed. Kurt sighed, then stood up resolutely.

‘Okay. It’s almost four hours from Waterford to Lima, so even if they would leave right now we still have some time. What do you want to do?’

Blaine frowned. ‘Um. I don’t know.’

‘Well, what do you usually do in your free time?’

‘Sing, I guess. I love singing.’

Kurt’s eyes widened. ‘No way! Me too, I’m a member of the glee club at my school!’ He beamed at Blaine, who smiled back.

‘Wow. Two gay guys who both like to sing and dance. Way to establish the stereotype.’

Kurt laughed. ‘See, I knew you had a sense of humor down there somewhere. So, anything in particular you like to perform?’ And with that he revealed a huge stack of sing-a-long CDs next to his stereo.

‘Got any top 40?’

Profiel  

The Fangirl Mod

Houseitem
BerichtGeplaatst: wo aug 10, 2011 14:23 

Chapter Two: Couldn’t finish what you started

The posters were hard to miss. The obnoxious neon yellow lettering brought tears to your eyes and the fact that they were literally everywhere didn’t help, either. Even when he was hiding in the toilets, Blaine was being visually abused as they’d actually put the posters inside the cubicles.

WATERFORD HIGH SCHOOL
presents
SADIE HAWKINS DANCE
Next week, tickets available at Student Administration

‘So are you going?’

Blaine looked up from his lunch to see one of the few people at Waterford High he actually liked: his friend Ethan. Wide-clothed and grinning as broad as ever, Ethan sat down across from Blaine.

Blaine snorted. ‘What do you think? After my coming out being the biggest Waterford newsflash since Linday Lohan’s latest arrest, I don’t think any girl’s going to ask me to a dance, so I might as well stay away. Probably better for everyone.’

Ethan shrugged and took a bite of his peanut butter sandwich. ‘It might be fun though.’

‘Yeah. Or they might verbally abuse me some more. I don’t know, I think I’ll let this one slide.’ Blaine stared at the remains of the apple he was eating. ‘What about you? Going to pretend to be straight for an evening?’

‘If someone asks me, I’ll go,’ Ethan said, smiling.

‘Even if it’s a girl?’

‘Even if it’s a girl.’

Blaine chortled and shook his head. ‘You are the bravest guy I know.’

-

Another reason high school was definitely something to get through as fast as possible, Blaine thought disgruntled whilst struggling through his Calculus homework that evening. How could one subject be so boringly unchanging yet unfathomably unpredictable at the same time? He almost fell off of his chair when his phone suddenly started vibrating. He frowned. A text. Ethan always called because he’s too lazy to type something into his cell, plus he was at home so it couldn’t be his parents.

How are you? Hope school’s not treating you too rough. – K

Blaine smiled and considered a reply before simply dialing Kurt’s number. All that dance drama would be too long for one text anyway.

‘Hello?’

Blaine laughed softly. ‘Hi.’

‘What’s so funny?’

‘You actually do sound like a woman. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t’ve said that.’

‘That’s okay, I’ve heard it too many times for it to actually be offensive,’ Kurt replied, and Blaine could hear the smile in his voice. ‘So, to repeat my earlier inquiry: how are you?’

‘I’m… actually pretty good,’ Blaine answered. He told Kurt all about the Sadie Hawkins dance and about his decision not to go.

‘Hmmm.’

‘What’s that?’ Blaine asked.

‘I don’t know, I think your friend Ethan is right, actually.’

‘You mean I should go with a girl?’

‘No no no, of course not, I mean that it could be kind of fun.’

‘And how exactly do you fathom that?’ Blaine asked, frowning. ‘Because going to a dance party where pretty much all of the other people there are as afraid of two guys holding hands as they are of a terrorist attack isn’t really my idea of fun.’

‘Well, you could see the whole thing as a big screw you and go with a guy,’ Kurt said tentatively.

Blaine was quiet for a couple of seconds. He hadn’t thought about that. Then, he frowned. ‘I don’t have anyone to go with, and besides, they’d probably kick our asses before we even enter the gym.’

‘I’m sure Ethan would love to join you,’ Kurt said. ‘But are the bullies really that bad? I thought they only shouted stuff?’

‘They do,’ Blaine said softly. ‘But I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t mind taking it to the next level if they got the chance.’

‘There’ll be a lot of teachers present though, won’t there?’

Blaine nodded. ‘I guess so.’

‘Look, if you don’t want to go, I really don’t want to be the one to pressure you into going anyway, but I think you should stand up for yourself,’ Kurt said encouragingly. ‘Show them that their words don’t mean anything.’

‘I’ll think about it,’ Blaine said, meaning every word.

‘Good. Hey, we’re doing this amazing Lady Gaga song in glee club this week, d’you wanna hear?’

-

‘Are you serious? I thought you weren’t going!’

Blaine, sitting in the huge red chair in the corner of Ethan’s room, grinned a little sheepishly. ‘Yeah. But I thought about it and, well, if you’re up for it I think this could actually be fun.’

Ethan chuckled. ‘I expected to be asked by a girl but hey, if you grow your hair out before the dance nobody will see the difference.’ Blaine snorted. ‘But just to get things clear,’ Ethan added, ‘we’ll be going as friends, right?’

Blaine smiled. ‘Yeah. Don’t worry, I’m not developing some mad crush or something. Just friends.’

‘Well, let’s go color-coordinate our outfits then!’ Ethan said in a spot-on impression of Tim Gunn’s voice, dragging Blaine along to his oversized closet.

-

Blaine took a deep breath. He’d borrowed a tux from his father and although it was a little too wide around the shoulders, it didn’t look half bad on him. Of course, he’d had to lie to his father to get it – if he’d told him he’d be going with Ethan all hell would’ve broken loose in the Anderson household. But as Blaine and Ethan had agreed to arrive seperately and Ethan’s father would take him home at an hour where his father would be asleep for quite some time, he’d never know.

Standing in front of the entrance of the gym, Blaine could hear the dimmed sounds of what was going on inside. Some local band was playing and it sounded like half the students were already drunk at this point. Which was weird, because there wasn’t even any alcohol allowed in there.

‘Although I would’ve liked seeing you coming down the stairs and handing you your corsage myself, I must say you look like quite a catch in the dreary glow of the streetlights.’

Blaine laughed and turned around to see Ethan grinning at him.

‘How incredibly romantic.’

‘You know me, I can’t help being the incarnation of Romeo Montague himself. So, looks like the party has started without us. Wanna go inside?’

‘Sure.’

It was hot and crowded in the gym. Everyone was either dancing to the fast music the band was producing or hanging around the bar.

‘You want something to drink?’ Ethan shouted in Blaine’s ear. Blaine nodded and Ethan darted away through the crowd. Blaine shrunk back against one of the walls, close to the exit. Having nothing better to do and not wanting to look around to find the faces of his class mates, he got out his phone and started browsing through his texts. Then, he suddenly found himself wishing Kurt was there. The thought confused him for a second.

‘Here you go!’

Blaine looked up, quickly put his phone back in his pocket and accepted a plastic cup from Ethan, who looked like he’d just ran a marathon. He took a sip and almost choked.

‘What is this stuff?’ he asked Ethan a little hoarsely.

Ethan grinned as broad as ever. ‘Oh, apparently someone spiked the punch.’

Blaine raised an eyebrow. ‘Right. Someone.’ Ethan tapped one of his pant pockets, where Blaine saw the outline of a medium-sized bottle. ‘You’re unbelievable.’

They stood there for a while, drinking their spiked punch, watching people dance. The evening progressed slowly, and Blaine didn’t get what the big deal was about these kind of things. Just as he wanted to ask Ethan whether they could go home early, he got a text.

Having fun? – K

Blaine smiled and was about to text Kurt back, when the band started playing a slow song and suddenly, Ethan was standing in front of him.

‘May I have this dance?’

He even bowed. Blaine laughed, put his phone away and took Ethan’s hand.

‘Maybe this isn’t such a good idea,’ he muttered, when Ethan pulled him onto the dance floor and Blaine recognized some faces in the crowd, their eyes following the tuxedoed twosome, frowning and judging.

‘Probably not but I’ve had too much to drink to care,’ Ethan said.

And soon enough, they were twirling around, surrounded by other dance couples. The song seemed to last forever and Blaine got increasingly uncomfortable. It wasn’t Ethan (despite, or maybe thanks to the amount of alcohol he had consumed, he danced like a true gentleman) or even the fact that he hadn’t been able to think of pretty much anything else but Kurt all night, but the atmosphere just wasn’t right.

Finally, the song ended, and Blaine pulled Ethan along, off of the dancefloor.

‘Let’s go.’

Ethan, sensing there was no arguing Blaine, nodded and opened the door for him. The air was cool outside.

‘I’m sorry,’ Blaine said, breathing in deeply.

‘That’s okay. Are you allright?’ Ethan sat down on the pavement, gesturing for Blaine to sit down next to him. As he did so, Blaine nodded. ‘We’ll just wait here until my dad comes to get us.’ He stared into the dark street for a while. ‘That was okay though, wasn’t it? We didn’t even get yelled at or anything.’

Blaine smiled a little. ‘Yeah. I guess it was okay.’

The band started playing a hard rock song.

‘So who texted you earlier?’

Blaine looked up, surprised. ‘What do you mean?’

‘Right before I asked you to dance, you were smiling at your phone. Secret lover?’ Ethan asked, grinning widely.

‘Just a friend. I think,’ Blaine said, smiling a little.

Ethan raised his eyebrows. ‘Oooooh, that definitely sounds promising. He is gay, I presume?’

‘Yes.’

‘Good. Do I know him?’

‘No.’

‘Name? Age? Height? Hair? Eyes? Does he have a handsome brother?’ Ethan rambled.

Blaine laughed, but before he could answer, he heard the door of the gym open. He looked up and saw a group of their class mates coming outside. They were talking excitedly, but their tone alarmed him. When Blaine saw one of the girls point them out to the guys he knew were on the football team and looked like they’d had way too much punch, he knew he had to get out of there immediately.

-

Kurt’s phone rang. He sang along to his Katy Perry ringtone for a couple of seconds before answering. He didn’t recognize the voice on the other side but after listening to the message it delivered it didn’t matter – the only thing that mattered right now was that he got to Waterford as fast as possible.

Profiel  
Geef de volgende berichten weer:  Sorteer op  
Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 4 berichten ] 

Keer terug naar Fan Fictions
Ga naar: